Co-creating resilient and sustainable food systems
The main aim of Cities2030 is to future proof an effective cities regions food system (CRFS) via a connected structure centered in the citizen, built on trust, with partners encompassing the entire CRFS.
CRFS demand immediate action. Cities2030 proposes citizens must be at the core of solutions. More than 7.7 billion consumers hold the power to shift 100-year old consumption patterns to meet the requirements for amore sustainable future.
multi-actors and territorial approaches to generate sustainable cities regions food systems
Università Ca’ Foscari (Venice, Italy), in partnership with 40 pan-European organisations, coordinates a 11.7 million euros grant from the European Commission programme Horizon2020, under the call “FOOD 2030 – Empowering cities as agents of food system transformation”. 41 pan-European partners commit to work towards the transformation and restructuring of the way systems produce, transport and supply, recycle and reuse food in the 21st century
innovation, we make it happen
Cities2030 is a dynamic pan-EU project structured to deliver transformation pathways towards sustainable CRFS
Cities2030 actively encourages the participation of citizens by delivering a trusted CRFS, moving consumers from being passive recipients to active engagement and motivated change agents. Cities2030 delivers an actionable, deployable and transferable CRFS management framework. To mention but a few results:
- the CRFS Alliance, which is a network of actors representatives of food value chains, from food designers to citizens (consumers), structured as a community of practice with supporting cooperation instruments;
- the CRFS Observatory, which is an open access platform where users access comprehensive information on CRFS;
- the CRFS laboratories, which are events in space and time to facilitate co-creation activities and deliver frameworks on policies and innovations;
- a series of city-scale pilots to test suggested frameworks and bring key learning for the validation of sustainable CRFS
- an innovative and tailored System Thinking methodology to co-implement problem-solving challenges;
- a cradle-to-cradle data-driven digital CRFS management platform based on blockchain technology.